Betta Fish Forum banner

My little old man

630 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  bettakeeper91 
#1 ·
I think Purple Haze has reached the end of his life :( He's at least 2, if not 3. I don't know if that's old or not, but he's got cataracts and has had them for a while, and can't grow his fins back any more. Especially since Chance attacked him a long time ago. He's just chilling at the top of the water, breathing and looking pale. He won't even flare at ZIM which was his favorite pastime. Any suggestions on what I should do?
They're in a 10g divided between 3 males. Non cycled, I change 40% twice a week. Feed 6 pellets a day, 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, and 2 before I go to bed. And this hasn't happened swiftly, he's getting more and more lethargic as time goes on.

#3 ·
Thank you. :) that's pretty much what I've been doing... He's gotten to where he wouldn't eat. I changed the water today and he perked up and ate a few pellets but other than that I'm just going to let him keep being happy and comfortable. Maybe he's just feeling rough, but I know he's rather old.

#8 ·
Thanks guys :) He seemed to perk back up for a while, but today he's taken a turn for the worse. I have him floating in a little cup so he can get to the air easier but he's just laying there and won't eat :( I feel really helpless because it's the same thing Fishy did and nothing I did could save him so... maybe he's just old and it's his time to go. Any advice would help though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.