Betta Fish Forum banner

[+] Green parakeet that i saw this morning outside my window [+]

4K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  bettaboyshiva 
#1 ·
#3 ·
How adorable! :D Are they native to Trinidad?

#4 ·
yes they are..and if i get a single female from the petstore and put her in a trap cage outside that single male outside...will be mines lol..but i've done that before..and right now i dont have time for birds..although i have a few empty cages.

#10 ·
In the city there's only pigeons and European Starlings!! Robins and Blue Jays are closer to the parameters of the forests. And we have A LOT of sea birds (like turns, gulls, puffins, etc) so they have nests out on cliffs and islands. There is a bald eagle family down on one of the lakes in town. And black ravens (or crows) keep them in town sometimes. You woldn't find "pet trade" birds around here!

#11 ·
Thats why I enjoy living in the suburbs by a forest :D
We get goldfinch, nut hatch, two types of woodpecker in our yard (another that only lives in the woods). Hawks too. Plus our creek has lots of different ducks, great blue heron and a ton of tiny water birds.

#13 ·
We get ducks in our pool. Not sure if the chlorine is good for them though . . . :/

#14 ·
We have those outside... here however they are NOT native. Some pets got loose and now we have a ton of them every year. We have a large group of them that are often in a tree down the street. :3

#16 ·
Me? My location shall remain a mystery. xD

#17 ·
Oh no MandyPandy. It says she's in new orleans anyways.
Your location says that you're behind me, so hah! :D
I know there's a huge problem with some sort of parakeet in England. It's too cold for anything tropical to survive here, most of our invasive species live in the lake :D

#18 ·
We have a bee and hornet problem where I live. -_- 2 Years ago there was a large wasp nest in our driveway, and every year we have at least 2 nests of black hornets.

#20 ·
We have tons of wasps too. Black ones and yellow ones.. We have a hummingbird feeder, filled with sugar water. Every few days I have to drain it of about 10 dead wasps :/ It's gross. We have no clue where the nest is.

#21 ·
Hang a blown up paper bag close to the hummingbird feeder?? I know stores do that here because it will keep wasps at bay bc they think its an invading wasp nest.. But we don't have hummingbirds so I don't know what wasps will do to get to the sugar water!

#23 ·
That's awesome you have wild parrots :D In California there's a lot of parrots but none are native. The only flock I see fairly often is the one up in San Francisco, they're mostly cherry headed conures. I know my parents have seen a few other flocks around the bay area. In orange county there are amazon parrots, other places have Indian Ringnecks and other parakeets.

#28 ·
We get heaps of birds here. A lot of parrots such as cockies, galahs, corellas, rosellas and lorikeets.

However, my neighbour feeds the birds, so of course we have like a hoard of magpies, and a million introduced and native miner birds as well as these doves that make me want to shoot the lot of them when they start cooing.

My grandparents live on a farm next to a national park and the amount of birds they get there is astonishing, from little wrens to lyrebirds. It's why I'm glad that even though we live in the suburbs, we are in the 'green belt' of Melbourne and there are lots of parks and trees.

#30 ·
Thankyou :) I think she's the prettiest Galah cockatoo in the world, although I bet everyone thinks that about their birds lol

wow, the semp gaturamo are beautiful! If you do end up breeding them you could hand raise some to be pets. Even little finches can be hand raised to be cuddly.

#31 ·
Thankyou :) I think she's the prettiest Galah cockatoo in the world, although I bet everyone thinks that about their birds lol

wow, the semp gaturamo are beautiful! If you do end up breeding them you could hand raise some to be pets. Even little finches can be hand raised to be cuddly.

yep nice bird you have that galah cockatoo, oh and the semp are native to trinidad..if i go to the country side all i have to do is borrow one ( a male) from a kind person and set a trap cage with a small ripe banana in the trap...the calls from the one on the cage will attract females as well as males...but males usually end up in the trap since they wanna fight the male in the cage.. and if the cage has 2 traps well the probability of catching 2 male semps is great..i've caught semps before when i was much younger but grew out of if because time limited me. But now i feel more exicted to do it again lol...thing is when do i get the time..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.