Betta Fish Forum banner

what are the best favorites

559 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  dbooknook 
#1 ·
i need to pick up a few things on thursday from petco and i wanted to know what your opinions are on them

water conditioner

heater (i have a 20 gallon tank)

and what is stress coat used for (should i have it)

im still new to this so im asking your opinions

thank you all

#2 ·
I don't think petco carries prime. I got a 50ml from pet smart. But that is definitely my favorite. 2 drops/ gallon!!!

Stress coat is also a water conditioner, it can be used to enhance your betta's natural slime coat, which protects them. Usually it is only required when your betta is sick, stressed or if you accidentally scraped a but off.

I'm not sure about heaters :( sorry

#3 ·
I use API Stresscoat as my normal water conditioner and I've been happy with it so far. Though it's 1 ML per 2 gallons and not 2 drops a gallon. The bottle top is also a measuring cup, which I appreciate! But I might have to check for Prime when the bottle runs out.

#4 ·
I have this, and its very important for your fish because it enhances the protective slime coat of your fishy. I also say a heater is necessary because in the wild, betta fish live in tropical(hot) weather.

#6 ·
I only have a 3 gal, Not sure what type of heater is good for a 20g..I use a Tetra 2-10 for our 3, and works great.
Do you have plants, or decor with hiding holes, for your fishy's..if not in a big tank like that, you will need lots of plants, and a few caves, and such for hiding places for your betta to sleep.
Do you have any gravel, and or stones? You will also need some of that..Did your tank come with a filter? If not..look into one for a 20 gal size. Hope that helps, also there is a Water Tesing Kit, that is advised by most here on the forum, and I would look into getting one as they are very important for water cleanliness.

#7 ·
Also, try not to go to the live betta section. Most likely you will walk away with another betta if this happens(which is not good if you don't have the room).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.