Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta fish coloring?

4K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  DazzleKitty 
#1 ·
Hi, I have owned a couple of betta fish when I was younger. I went to walmart a week ago and found this poor guy all by himself. I know you are not supposed to buy the fish from walmart because you are only supporting them by doing it, but I couldn't bring myself to leave him there so I caved and bought the poor guy. In the past I have bought betta fish that had dull colors and as I fed them their coloring became more brilliant. I was wondering, do you think this guy is naturally this color? Or will he get more coloring as I feed him betta pellets? I know bloodworms and stuff are best but I am in college and there is no pet store in town, so I have to get what the local Walmart sells. He is not sick at all and I have been watching very carefully for any disease these first few days.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
He might brighten up a little bit, but he looks to be a pineapple. They don't get too bright, but they're still pretty :)

congrats on the new fish!

#12 ·
Haha, yeah I had problems with Ick before and I'm always paranoid of that. My brothers betta got fin rot once and it was horrible because we didn't have any experience with that :( But I've been watching him closely, especially this first week here.

I've never heard of a pineapple betta before, now I feel really lucky to have him because he is different from the ones I have seen :)

#16 ·
he looks like a male I had that didnt have black on his scales but it was barely noticeable an interesting fact is that when I was cleaning his tank and getting ready to put him in he fell out of the net and fell three feet and hit the ground but he still lived for a good amount of time afterwards (I dont really remember how long)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.