Betta Fish Forum banner

female fights?

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  ScuitoAmi150 
#1 ·
I got 3 females and 2 of the 3 fights each other. What can I do?

#2 ·
First off, what size tank is it? For female sororities you need at least a 10G tank. You'll need to get another female or two. The more, the better. With just three, two of them will single out one and attack it like you're experiencing now. Their tank also needs to be heavily planted with either fake or real plants. They also need lots of hiding places.

#9 ·
Sometimes too they just WON'T get along, I tried a sorority of 4 and 2 picked on the other 2...so I removed the ones picked on into separate bowls and I left the two bully girls living together, they got along fine. BUT recently they accepted two new females I bought. So the 4 girls now are great. They just didn't like the original girls they were placed with. I think it depends on the personalities sometimes. You may have two girls that just won't accept not being dominant.

#11 ·
Do you have at least a 10g? And you should have 4 minimum. When I had two girls that were fighting, I'd put the one that was starting the fights in a cup and float the cup in the tank. I'd leave her in there for a couple of hours then put her back. Generally when they start fighting again it is the other girl that started it, so I put her in the cup. For me, when I put the 2nd girl back in the tank everyone behaved. When a new fish is added they are put at the bottom of the chain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.