Betta Fish Forum banner

Finally got a betta after my last 2 died =)

971 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  deso 
#1 · (Edited)
It was so weird, I went to a petsmart and eddie money was playing on the radio when I picked up his cup, I named my first betta fish eddie money! haha it was rad!

I'm so excited. My betta is REALLY small, even though he is a halfmoon, my plakats were bigger than him! Do you think he will stay small, or grow?

My pictures aren't really taken well, also, he is in a 1.5 gal kritter keeper with a hide because the tank I set up for him is covered in bubbles... but the sand is sticking to them, and I dont want him to eat / breathe / swallow any of the sand, ugh. hopefully it will settle in a day or two.

I hope to upload more pictures of him in his REAL 5 gallon home soon enough, I may post a picture of the bubbles in the tank section, Ive never had sand but never heard of this issue before! blarugh! Thanks for looking! I missed having a betta fish in my life ;-)

See less See more
#2 ·
He's so cute. Congrats.

#4 ·
More than welcome. I can't wait to get my new baby from Polu =]

#11 ·
Thanks guys! and RandyTheBettaFish, I hope his fins get longer but he stays little! I like it, makes his tank seem bigger lol, his bottom fin is bigger than his back fin, I hope the black outline is coloration and not fin rot =/ his ammonia in his petsmart cup was dark green (in the middle of the color options) I forget which one that is lmao :p

#12 ·
Looking at the proportion of his fin length in relation to his body in the first photo, I don't think that he's going to grow much; I think he may be an adult even if he's small. But that's not a bad thing, because he's as cute as a button! Congrats!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.