Betta Fish Forum banner

Female Bubble Nest?

1K views 29 replies 5 participants last post by  Foisair 
#1 ·
Twice now, we have awoken to find what appears to be a bubble nest in Sookie's tank. Before anyone asks, no, there is no possibility she is a male.

That is Sookie.

See less See more
#8 ·
yeah. Unless she's got a giant beard and tried to kill your other male, which by the sounds of it, she didn't then its a girl. They do blow bubble nests though. I've heard as some going so far as to put their own unfertilized eggs in the nest

#12 ·
Some of my more aggressive gals, and bigger gals tend to make nests xD she definitely looks like a she.

Does she have fin rot? or did she get snagged?

#19 ·
I cannot see the picture :/ most nests I find the bubbles "stick" to the closest object. a stick, your finger, siphon tube, or each other. It's usual for it to drift to the filter output =D

#30 ·
What kind of filter do you have? My Tetra Whisper Internal is running in my 10 gal as it cycles fishless. The water leaving the filter and splashing to the surface has left a little "bubble nest". Not a true nest though since I haven't put any fish in there yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.