Betta Fish Forum banner
1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  colleen1414 
#1 ·
I just got a new betta fish and when i feed him he won't eat the food! When I check back a couple of hours later the food is still there! So after awhile I end up having to take the food out. I've only had him for one day. Is this normal?:-?

#2 ·
He could just be getting used to his new home since you've only had him for 1 day. I would wait until tomorrow to feed your betta. He is probably just adjusting to his new home. How many gallons is your tank? And is it heated? Those could also be the problem. Hope this helps!

#4 ·
He/she is just adjusting, Chelle was not timid at all and adjusted pretty fast on both house changes, eating straight when she got into them. But Chiki was reluctant to eat at first, took her 30 mins to even investigate and 10 more to start eating it, and I started with a snack (freeze dried bloodworms). Give time!

#7 ·
You can measure it in inches, multiply them, you will get how many cubic inches it can hold. then you can multiply that by 0.0043 and that will be how many gallons it holds. For example: 10X10X5 = 500 cubic inches = 2.15G. (calculator used ALWAYS! :p)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.