Betta Fish Forum banner

identify my betta

2K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  stump26 
#1 ·
This is my first post besides the introduction. I was told to post my pic here to see what kind of betta I really purchased.

#2 ·
It looks to be a male young plakat. Color wise I'd say chocolate or maybe Mustard gas. And welcome!

#10 ·
PK = Plakat
DS PK = Dragonscale Plakat

And to help you out with future reference (if I'm wrong on any of these, someone please correct me!):
DT = Doubletail
HM = Halfmoon
CT = Crowntail
VT = Veiltail

a lot of these can be mixed as well, like a HMPK is a Halfmoon Plakat, or a DTCT is a Doubletail Crowntail. There's more of these little acronyms, I know, but I can't remember what they are off the top of my head.

#7 ·
He is a little beauty!! Definitely Plakat and I love them!!! Welcome!

#9 ·
I got a betta labeled a "Dragon Scale" at Petsmart last week. I assume he is a male plakat too?

Stump26 Welcome! Your little guy is very cute!

#15 ·
I don't think there is one yet. A few weeks ago someone was trying to compile one together with ALL the acronyms we use here... Idk what happened to that plan...

#16 ·
Acronyms would be nice for newbies. I think this fish is a dragonscale chocolate plakat. The pic is to dark for me though. Does his coloring in his tail look like a brown/yellow?

I have seen DT refer to Double and Delta's

#20 ·
Metallic chocolate or metallic dark body bi color. Very nice boy :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.