Betta Fish Forum banner

Ugh. I keep think about getting another fish and tank

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  littlegreen 
#1 ·
My son keeps saying Bubbles is his. He did pick him out so it must be his fish. At least in his mind. I'm stupidly sad because I've become attached to him. I got him this big 5 gallon tank all to himself and I feed him and obviously since my son is 6 take care of all the other stuff. I feel so stupid being annoyed to its not my fish. I want my own. But then I'd have to get another tank for Bubbles who seems to love his 5 gallon and I don't want another one quite so big. A 3 gallon maybe or 2.5. I know the 5 was cheaper but I just don't have room. I'm not going to go out and get another. My husband thinks I'm nuts. And I feel crazy thinking how Bubbles will feel sad getting put in a smaller tank. He's so active.

#2 ·
I feel your pain. Fortunately I currently live alone so all my fish are mine, but for the last few days I've been trying to figure out what to do with the 12 gallon tank I just got from craigslist. It's an addiction!

#3 ·
I know how you feel. I started with a veiltail male in a bowl. Then moved him to a 5.5 gal tank. The while in Petco I saw a halfmoon male I just had to have. Now the halfmoon is in a 10 gallon and I bought a 20 gallon. I am looking for a black halfmoon betta now....my husband and kids think I'm crazy...maybe I am. :)

#4 ·
I went to the LPS researching the costs of another tank set up and they had a beautiful white Delta. I think almost everything else was a red of some sort and maybe a yellowish something else. I didn't look that closely. But I really want to have something already set up if I get another. But that white one was gorgeous and flaring a little for me. I won't get anything for the new set up there though. Its all way too expensive. I could go the Kritter Keeper route, or where I work I could get a Tetra Water Wonders 3 gallon for 18 dollars after some credit I have. Heaters are really expensive around here though I'd order another. I love their fish cause they look well cared for but supplies other than food are outrageously expensive. I wonder what the mark up is cause this is not a well off area but they are the only pet store other than Walmart (as much as they have) which doesn't have fish just empty running tanks so they pretty much can probably charge what they want.

#5 ·
If you take care of the fish, feed the fish, and clean the fish since your 6 year old obviously can't, then why does it matter if he feels the fish is his? Its silly to get jealous of your children. Usually a child's pet or family pet ends up being the parents' pet anyway. You get to experience the same love and care for the animal.

#7 ·
I understand the feeling though. You might not be jealous that your son thinks the fish is his...it might just be a sign of betta addiction. Most members suffer from it on this community. If you give in to just ONE more betta, pretty soon you'll have at least 10 and still be looking to add more friends. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.