Betta Fish Forum banner

can i put bettas with bettas and have them breed without any dead fish

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Guppie luver 
#1 ·
can i get 1 male with like 7 females so that they breed and dose anyne get hurt in breeding cause i dont want to loose any fish in breeding so ya can it work??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::-D:cool:;-)

#3 ·
No they'll fight, the babies will be eaten/die, and he females will shred each other AND the male. Also they will fight during breeding.

#4 ·
Ok, no need for any of these rude posts. The person obviously does not know alot about betta fish and their nature...

They are very aggressive and will kill eachother. Not a smart idea. :3

#6 ·
If you understand the importance of knowing all the info on breeding, and if you have the right supplies, then go for it. Only one male can be kept in a tank, or one female. One betta per tank unless you have a 20 gallon or so with a divider.

#8 ·
A Soroity for a 20 gallon is ok, though I think 7 female is a bit too much (Correct me if I'm wrong) I would go with 5 females in a 20 gallon. Lots of hiding spots and plants are needed.

#12 ·
thanks cause i think that they are so preety so like 5 in a 20 sorority and i read that you can put a divider for like 5 of the gallons and keep a mail betta in it

#13 ·
If you were to do only female Bettas I'd go for more like 10 or 11 in a 20 gal.in a 10 gal you can do 4-7 females... I did a lot of reasearch on this at one point in time. You need a lot of hiding places (especially at the surface) Having more females is better because it spreads out the aggession. I'd do 1 Betta for every 2 gallons of water.

Just as a warning now, some females aren't cut out for the sorority life and have to be either returned or housed in a seperate tank. Good luck, but there is a lot more than it seems to a sorority...

EDIIT: if you divide, leave at least 10 gallons, and have at least 4 girls...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.