Betta Fish Forum banner

Possible fungus?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  dr2b 
#1 ·
just noticed a fuzzy white lump on one of Lulus plant bulbs- is there a nasty fungus among us? might i have to smite this plant before it spreads?
You can see the white spot there on the bulb in the lower right corner- and as close up as I could get to something so tiny. It's white and fuzzy.

See less See more
#2 ·
sry cant see anything

#4 ·
it might be best to get rid of the plant then might have a parasite

#5 ·
Hmmm ive had a problem like this before, but it was one of my friends betta tanks. All the bulbs she planted grew WAYY more fuzz than you can imagine!! The whole bottom of the tank looked like fuzz it was horrible. I'm not sure why it did that but the fish lived for a very long time after we tore the tank down and cleaned the heck out of it. I guess the plant bulbs just didnt grow right in the tank, maybe the conditions wheren't right. I would get the plant out tho asap just incase.

#7 ·
yea, good advice. tank it out and give the tank a good scrubbing for good measure

#8 ·
Who are your betta bulbs by anyway?

#9 ·
I forget- I only got them because I was curious as to what would grow- they came in a 3 pack and i threw out the package when I was done- but there wasn't much in the way of instructions or anything- just 'place in water- plant will sprout in days' and certainly no notes as to what species to expect. And I don't know where this fuzzy thing came from- my fish is healthy and it wasn't there when the bulbs were dry. Maybe there was a single spore from something. Maybe it's not fungus at all- I think I might try scraping it off and see if more grows.

#10 ·
Well when I bought those dumb plants that are sold as aquatic plants (but aren't) they had betta bulbs by the same company in the set up. I am curious if it is the same brand - if so, I highly doubt they are aquatic betta bulbs. Companies are selling things as "aquatic" but they are more meant for terrariums and what not. I know the plants I had bought and took back I read would begin to melt in the water and rot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.