Betta Fish Forum banner

Red Marks

652 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  AquaKai 
#1 ·
My new HM has red scratch like things on both sides of his face. I just noticed this a few minutes ago!

What size is your tank? 2.5g
What temperature is your tank? 78
Does your tank have a filter? Yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? Not Currently but soon!
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? None

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Hikari Betta Pellets and frozen blood worms
How often do you feed your betta fish? x2 a day of 4-5 pellets and occasionally the blood worms

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? Currently every day
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 25-30%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Prime

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: >5
pH: 6.6
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? There are two scratch like things on his gills/face/cheek area. One on each side.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? None that I've noticed
When did you start noticing the symptoms? About 10 minutes ago
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Nope.
Does your fish have any history of being ill? Not that I know of
How old is your fish (approximately)? Got him yesterday

Here are pictures:

Without writing:

Same picture with writing:

Any help is very appreciated!

See less See more
#4 ·
Well first don't change the water every day its upsets him and the red marks don't look look like much but keep an eye on them :lol:
I'll keep an eye on him. I've only been changing a bit of his water everyday because he also has a bit of fin issues they were all tattered when I got him and I'm trying to get him all healthy again.

Nice HM!!

Do the scratches appear in the same place on both sides of his face?
Thank you:)
And yes they do, it was like someone put a mirror in front of his face and drew the mark as a reflection...

#6 ·
Thanks! That makes me feel much better! I may have jumped the gun on this, but I didn't want it to escalate to anything serious. I'll post if it changes or somehow becomes worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.