Betta Fish Forum banner

Baby betta boy or girl?

9K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  Perry the platypus 
#1 ·
I bought this baby betta which, at that time, I thought was a girl. The container was not labeled so now I'm unsure. What do you think this betta is? It's really small, probably just over an inch.

See less See more
#2 ·
I dont know. I think he is to little to tell.

#5 ·
Its been a couple days and I think my betta is a boy now. His color is different shades of blue and his fins are getting longer every day. It's so hard to take a picture of him now because when I go up near the tank he darts so fast, ready for food. Here's the best I can do

#18 ·
My friend has a "baby" Betta as well. For the longest time we thought it was a girl but it turned out to be a boy. He looked exactly like yours, I thought he was going to be a HM or a DT, he actually turned out to be a VT. His tail changed so much within a month it was ridiculous. I would have paid big money to say he was going to be a large finned Betta but he's actually a VT.

#19 ·
And he is very pretty!
About how long did it take for him to grow into his colors, and get as big as he is now? I just bought a petco baby, and while I can tell he is growing and have an idea as to his/her color I am so impatient lol chicks hatch faster then these things grow!

#21 ·
I don't know how old this one is but I had him in my care for about 20 days. The first day I brought him home he was kind of transparent and had two blue stripes down his body, I thought he was stressed but he just didn't form solid colors yet. Baby bettas are a lot of fun to watch them grow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.