Betta Fish Forum banner

Need help on heating tank

769 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  happypappy 
#1 ·
I have a small tank (maybe 1 gallon) and I need advice on ways to warm it up. I have a thermometer and I know what the optimal temperature should be, I just need to know ways besides heaters to warm the water (I think it's too small for a heater anyways). Right now I have a small towel around the bottom of the tank for some insulation and I also have a light under the tank lid. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

#3 ·
There's not much, but you can try those mini-heaters. You can try a light that generate more heat, but I don't think that is safe lol.

#4 ·
Why can't you just get a heater? The betta needs a warm, steady temp and you can't leave a light on in the tank 24 hours/7 days a week. There's really no other way other than a heater unless you can jack the temp of the room up to about 85 degrees and leave it that way, which is unrealistic.

#8 ·
I use the minis on my 1.75g conditioning tanks, along with in the tubs that hold cups for juvies - have no issues with them heating. They are adjustable, but they don't have the numbers on it to know what you are setting the thermostat on so you will have to keep an eye on it and adjust it the first day you get it. It can go up quite a bit, so start off low.

Hagen Elites

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.