Betta Fish Forum banner

Where to find Larger size colored craft dividers?

654 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  tekkguy 
#1 ·
I have my finger crossed. Jacks tells me they have a 40 gallon long so I may finally have a the large tank tommorow. The tank dimensions are 48" x 12" x 16". I have found out the 16 inches is the height so I will lower the water level but I still want the dividers high. I only see white dividers and it's ok but I really think I'd like something that will blend in better with plants a light green, perhaps a tan. If you know any sources where the plastic canvas is colored and larger let me know.

#2 ·
You could go with an actual tank divider.

If you really want to do it yourself, you could use clear or white canvas, and Krylon spray paint - Krylon is aquarium safe once dried for 3 - 4 days. You'll want to use several really light coats instead of thick goopy coats.

The canvas and tank divider I linked are both 12x18 ... neither would require cutting to be the right depth!

#7 ·
Ok I will go with sewing. I am disappointed they didn't have the tank. I am just going to go with a breeder tank it will be much cheaper. $40.The dimensions are not that much different. I hope to get that tomorrow. I wish I could have two tanks it would be much better.

#8 ·
Bummer about your tank. :( Hopefully something even better will come along though in its place. :)

Also, why the lower water height? (I'm curious) I've got boys who lived in a 30 gal, and it was 16 inches...and I filled it up to about 15 inches (I like an inch at the top for air) and they didn't seem to have any trouble. (I do keep plants near the surface though, so maybe that helped.)

I've seen you say that somewhere else and well, and I've been curious ever since. :) Maybe there's some reason I haven't heard about. :)

Again, sorry about your tank, but good luck on getting the breeder one!! :)

#9 ·
I've been reading the max height for betta's should be 12-13 inches. The theory being if your betta gets sick you are making it hard for it to get to the top for air. I think it will be fine though. I don't fill my tanks to the top anyway. I notice when I fill it to the top they seem less comfortable.

#10 ·
They will be totally fine. The 13 inch thing is a myth just like the puddle thing. Rice paddies are deeper than your aquarium ... But they have more vegetation too so think about that for resting and hiding purposes and you'll be fine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.