Betta Fish Forum banner

Help!!

647 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  youlovegnats 
#1 ·
Help! My female betta slipped under the divider yesterday into my male's side! I'm not sure if they bred or not. I don't even know how long my female was in my male's side. I found her lying on the bottom around 8:00PM. She is alive and fine, but her fins are tattered on the back and she is eggy. There are some eggs the the bottom of the tank. My male made a bubble nest that was half the size of the top of the tank. (5 gallons). Like it was really thick and wide. Is there any way of telling if they bred? My male P.J. keeps going up to the nest and looking at it. I am really scared that they bred! Help! Oh ya, and I made sure to fully cover the hole under the divider with lots of rocks!

#2 ·
To tell if they spawn you can check the bubblenest to see if there are any white specks that look like little white rice in it. You said that you saw some eggs on the bottom of the tanks that probably means they already spawn or she is just dropping eggs.

#4 ·
They both done the dirty dirty already. Those eggs on the bottom are probably the one that the male miss or like I said before the female is probably ready to spawn and is just dropping her eggs like crazy. But make sure to check if there is any eggs in the nest. I would remove the female out of the tank if you see any eggs in the tank because the fry will be hatching soon if your tank is at 80+.

#10 ·
If you check in/ under the nest you can see white speck (the eggs). If they didn't spawn, then the female probably just released her eggs and ate them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.