Betta Fish Forum banner

Female bettas

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Bombalurina 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendation or experience with community female bettas? I saw a pet store that has a tank with nothing but 20+ female crowntail bettas together and they seem all happy and no fighting!

They are beautiful and i would like to ge some for my 3g tank with plants and no other fish.

Comments?

Thanks in advance.
Tina

#2 ·
First of all, welcome to the forum!

Second, 3 gallons is only big enough for a single betta. You could not put a sorority in something that small. I would recommend that you do EXTENSIVE research before trying something like a sorority, and that you up it to at least a ten gallon tank.

#3 ·
I agree with Gizmo. Female bettas need a larger tank with lots of cover, 10 gallons is what I'd say is the minimum. I have a densely planted filtered 20 gallon with 10 regular females and 2 giants in it as well and they're happy! They can all live together and they make for a really beautiful tank but they do need to be set up properly, with a minimum of 4 girls - with 3 females two tend to gang up on one, and they can be just as aggressive as males and kill one another!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.