Betta Fish Forum banner

Aqua Master: Water Ager

738 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  KevinPham123 
#1 ·
I just bought a water ager from my LFS and on the bottle it says, "...whilst providing essential electrolytes to aid fish in osmoregulation".

Just wanted to know what osmoregulation is, and what are the unnoticeable/noticeable affects of it.

I have googled about this but I still can't wrap my head around it. If you can let me know, TY :)

#2 ·
It's basically the control of goes in and out of the body. Most of it occurs in the kidneys, which filter out toxins and regulate minerals in the body. Fish excrete urine, feces and ammonia (as well as pheromones and allomones among other things). They take in water and minerals. Electrolytes are simply minerals in the water, which are essential to life, but if you are running tap water you most likely have enough electrolytes in the water as it is.

Curious what a water ager is.. do you mean water conditioner? Or is it somehow different?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.