Betta Fish Forum banner

My first female Betta...

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Calmwaters 
#1 ·
Help me name her please. Also I am thinking about going with a dark blue/black back ground to show of her color more. What do you guys think? First is a picture of her tank:

and here are a few pictures of her can you guys tell me what kind she is and what her color is called if it has a name.

In this one you can see near her tail some of her small blue spots:

I hope you guys enjoy the picture she is a very active young lady and loves to swim all over her tank.

See less See more
#2 ·
One more with a black back ground I made to use until tomorrow.

#4 ·
Thank you. I am going to try putting some ghost shrimp in with her hopefully she will not eat them.;-)

#7 · (Edited)
Thank you. I like Iris because I know how to say it. LOL How do you pronounce the African version? I had a male named Arco Iris (Spanish for rainbow) before.
Yes a healthy snack packed with protein. LOL Good thing they are pretty cheap. LOL If she does not eat them I will get a small piece of driftwood for the shrimp. I read somewhere they like it.

#8 ·
Mah-So-Key, I am pretty sure. I just remember my friend saying the name when she was giving me a crash course in African, just for the fun of it. I think picking a name meaning colorful or rainbow would be awesome, cause her colors are just beautiful.

#9 ·
She's such a cutie. How about Pashmina?

#11 ·
fluffy the fish lol

#13 ·
What does Pashmina mean? I think like fluffy, its kind of like a friend of mine had an all black dog and his name was spot. LOL He liked to be different.:]

#14 ·
Pashmina is a really soft fine wool that comes from a goat...makes for really good quality scarves and such. I dunno, she looked like a Pashmina to me, lol. :p

#15 ·
I think I am going to go with Iris. Thank you all for the suggestions. : )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.