Betta Fish Forum banner

The Quick Question Thread

127K views 3K replies 389 participants last post by  Hallyx 
#1 ·
I saw this on a different forum and I thought it might fit here! The questions to post here are not big enough to post as a new thread, so if it is just a 'Quick Question', you post it here.

Quick Question:
How long does it take before betta eggs hatch?

#11 ·
Any of the attinson's products have small pellets. Also NLS betta pellets are small.

A fish is a marble if it changes color at all. There is red loss which is something different but on any color fish a marble is one that gains or loses color. Butterflies are also a form of marble that don't change color.

Two weeks is the farthest I'd recommed going with out food. Even then the betta's immune system starts to be lowered. Technically a healthy betta could go a month without food. (NOT RECOMMENDED)

#62 ·
A fish is a marble if it changes color at all. There is red loss which is something different but on any color fish a marble is one that gains or loses color.
What is "red loss"? Caye keeps changing colors from completely Lava to Rosewood with his head black and then back again to just Lava (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Shades_of_red). I don't suspect he is a marble since he is consistently red, since both colors are shades of red, but should I be concerned? I thought it might be stress but the changes seem too random... ;-)

#19 ·
Narnian: the only time you could potentially electrocute yourself is if you were to touch the outlet where the heater was plugged in, with wet hands. :)

1fish2fish: thanks.

If I used regular pea gravel a tank, would the gravel affect the water parameters?

#24 · (Edited)
Does it look something like this?

If so, it is a Bubblenest! This means your betta is ready to breed. You don't have to breed, but this is a sign that the betta fish has reached maturity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.