Betta Fish Forum banner

Eating question

536 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mysquishy 
#1 ·
Ok, so the first couple of days Terence was not eating. I understood he was just adjusting to his new home. Well, he started trying to eat the pellets now and he just spits them back out. I realized that I have to crunch it up into smaller pieces and he eats it quickly after that. Is it ok to do this and has anyone else had to do this. My fish seems very spoiled and high maintenance. Haha. I love him. Maybe I should just try the freeze dried worms? Any ideas?? I remember that one of my other betta's was kind of the same way.

#2 ·
Nothing wrong with crushing up the pellets so he can eat them easier. Quite a few have to do it with some of their females(me included!)because they're just so small. xD Another method is to put the pellets in some tank wanter and let them soak for a few minutes to make them softer and easier to eat ;)

A good pellet should always serve as your staple diet with anything freezedried or frozen as a treat once or twice per week, and you should always re-hydrate freezedried before feeding to help prevent bloating issues :)

#4 ·
Thanks so much for the tips and info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.