Betta Fish Forum banner

Having betta in Tetra 1 gallon halfmooon tank

1K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  xShainax 
#1 ·
Can I leave Leo in the tank I got for him if I get a heater? Or is it too inhumane? This is a picture of it

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Everyone has their own opinions when it comes to tank size, but obviously the bigger the better. I would personally get him something bigger but that is fine until then. Here's a decent size bowl for a fair price;
http://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Fish-Bowl-Drum-Gallon/dp/B0002Z7RUO/ref=pd_sim_petsupplies_1
You could get a small filter as well as a heater for that and it would be so much better for him. I just bought a 10 gallon complete tank setup at walmart for $30 if that is an option for you. You could even divide it and get another one :)

#5 ·
That is a very hot topic in this forum and I am sure you will get lots of posts regarding this. People will say it's inhumane and say a betta should at the very least be in a 2.5 gallon tank or bigger. You will need a heater. I would like to offer some advice if I may:

I would use plant that's half the size of the one you have now and use half the gravel. This will give him more room in his tank to swim around.

Best wishes.

#9 ·
Most of the larger pet stores always have larger tanks on sale. Just keep looking online and comparing prices. You will find a larger tank at a great price that's just right for your budget.

#11 ·
I had my betta in the same tank for a month when I first got him as it was all I could find. It's good for temporary housing if you can find a small-enough heater to fit inside. Also keep in mind that the 1-gallon halfmoon tank doesn't have a true lid, so you'll have to keep it covered with a sheet of paper when you're not around to prevent jumping. I wouldn't recommend making it his permanent home.

#15 ·
Hey, it happens. When I was in middle school and living at home with my parents, I could bring home as many bettas as I wanted and ended up with a lot of impulse buys. Enjoy it while you can, because if uni is coming up soon for you, you'll have some serious space limitations up ahead.

Leo is very cute, by the way (saw the photos in your thread). He looks like a bumblebee :)

#16 ·
I am autistic, and really too poor to go to college if I wanted to. -.-

I had to switch a few around lol. I got a cellophane? female who was getting shredded in the sorority and I switched out Romeo, putting him in the main tank with the females. Of course he is in a breeding trap with some pantyhose blocking the hole lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.