Betta Fish Forum banner

Finally got blue girl spawned

3K views 45 replies 11 participants last post by  Bettas Rule 
#1 ·
So as it says I finally got blue girl my 3rd place winner to spawn. I spawned her with my steel halfmoon male Mr.Soprano about a month ago. I can't count them yet but I think I have around 25-30 fry. The fry are very hardy and are already showing colors. In fact please take a look at these photo's because it looks like I have a yellow one in there. :lol:

See less See more
#6 ·
These guys have just grown super fast on their own to be honest. I don't feed them very much at all. Since I only do BBS I only feed at the very most twice a day and that's pushing it. I will even allow them to go a day without eating when the brine are getting ready to hatch. I think it's better to not feed them to much. From reading spawn logs I have noticed that people who feed their fish too much often get swim bladder issues, especially when feeding brine. So keeping the feeding down is my way of keeping them healthier. I have followed other spawns that are the same age as my spawn and the size is no different so I personally don't see any value in over feeding for growth. With filtered water and quality food the fry will be very hardy and grow quickly.

#9 ·
Both parents must have been nonred geno(had a parent with yellow instead of red, or had grandparents who were yellow)

Nice. :3 If it's really so, then you should have yellow instead of red wash in some of the fry. A nice blue yellow MG would be a cool find xD

#11 ·
If your curious about the non-red/yellow thing here's a link: http://www.bettas-jimsonnier.com/genetics3.htm
What would be closest to you would be the multi(NRgeno) + multi(NRgeno) which says about 25% should show the non-red in some way. o.o There are alot of genetics that go in to play though, so idk.

#15 ·
I cant really tell in that picture. I do have more than one yellow one for sure, so it very well could be. I have tried taking better pictures but my camera stinks LOL. I cant wait to see how the yellow ones turn out, I never thought I would get yellow out of steel and turquoise. :-D

#16 ·
Took some more pictures today.:-D
Also, these are going to be the last pictures for a while. I loved the spawn into the same tank as the DT X RT spawn. That set up is filtered and the spawns are close in age. The current set up was not filtered and much smaller. Plus with the tank being free I can spawn again :-D

#19 ·
WHAT!!! They are SO HUGE compared to mine and there is only a week difference!!! You must have some special touch :) Iwant my babies to be big and colourful :)

#22 ·
This is something I would love to be able to do. Not at this time. :-D
Thanks! I appreciate that. I know it takes a lot of time and effort but when you love doing it, it really doesn't seem like work. In fact many times I go in my fish room for a break from the world. I sit and watch them or clean out tanks and just hash things out in my mind. It's very peacful in there and my fish love me so it's like being in a room full of people who love you and you love them. :-D

#24 ·
Bettas Rule is most definetly right, when you tell people what you have to do it sounds like alot but really it's not. I also love just sitting and watching my babies. Even cleaning their tanks is a good time to just chill and think :D

#37 ·
they are gorgeous. You must have an awsome camera as these pictures are just AMAZING!!! they have big lips :) SO cute <3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.