Betta Fish Forum banner

20 gal divided?

569 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Aurie 
#1 ·
I have 9 beautiful betta boys. I have (2) divided tanks which hold 3 bettas each, then I have a 3 gal, 1.7 gal and a 2.5 gal with 1 fish each. Well, my parents hate how crowded and messy my room looks with random tanks placed randomly through my room . So as I try to sleep a thought entered my mind. What about dividing a 20 gal tank between 5 or 6. I think 7 would be to much. More room equals more bettas lol.

So does anyone have a divided 20gal? What heater and filters are used.

#2 ·
That is a bad idea. Not because they don't have enough galons for each but because each section will be very narrow and the filtration wouldn't bee too good.
Why don't you get one of the wire shelves Walmart sells, which are economic and strong, and organize all your tanks in one place?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/4-Tier-Shelf-Chrome/14220007
They are usually cheaper at the store. Also Home Depot sells them... I'm getting a small one in white.

#3 ·
HAHAHA I have those same exact shelves at my work for putting dishes on (I work for a large pizza chain) .. They are hella sturdy, but we never have anything super heavy on em, but they're nice anyway.

If you do end up with something like that, put some vinyl rug liner under it and it'll keep the water off your floor for any small drop spills.. you can find it by the foot/yard w/e at home depot

#4 ·
If you divide a 20 LONG 5 ways, each section will be 6x12x12. Almost 4 gallons. Which is an upgrade for some of your boys.
Two small filters and heaters on either side.
Or if you're feeling creative, you can try this sort of system, with the back section divided off.
Tank Dividers @ petfish.net
Posted via Mobile Device

#5 · (Edited)
I just did the math.. you have 3 bettas that aren't in a divided tank, so I'd do the 20 (long) in 3's and get rid of all your tiny tanks and then at least everything is more uniform :) .. each fish would have 6.66 gallons and if you went 5 or 6 the sections would be too tiny to gravel vac.. If you went into 4 or used a small area in the middle you could do the filter/heater in one as well.. maybe like 6 gallons each and use the extra .66 from each section in the middle for those items...

Just a suggestion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.