Betta Fish Forum banner

christmas this year...

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  sunkissedinCA 
#1 ·
anybody planning on getting their friends/family their own betta? i'm thinking of doing that. i know if i do that, even though everyone makes fun of me for having so many bettas, they'll fall in love with them too ;-)

#3 ·
thats true. the only people i'd get them for would be my cousin since she originally wanted one when she saw all mine, and my sisters. i would never get one for anybody i didn't trust to take care of them properly.

#4 ·
i'm not a fan of giving pets as gifts either, especially bettas since a lot of people assume that having a betta = not having to take care of it. i would ask if they're interested first, and if they are, then educate them on keeping a betta and then offer to buy them what they need.

one of my bettas is a rescue from an ex friend who got him as a gift, and didn't take care of him properly. she asked me if i wanted her fish and i said sure, but when I saw him i was appalled..he was so pale and had fungus..all she had him in was a vase!!

#13 ·
aww! that's horrible, it's good that you rescued him though, i bet he's really happy now.

i'm pretty sure it's a big 10-4 on getting my sister a betta for christmas, i kinda hinted about it and she got super excited. this is the first time i've ever actually thought about getting a pet as a gift haha, but i know she'll take care of it since she loves animals just as much as i do. i can't wait to pick one out for her!

#5 ·
I have a neighbor who is like that. She got a betta for her birthday and didn't want to take care of him properly so I took him. Sometimes you try to educate someone and they don't want to hear it. In my neighbor's case, she said she didn't want to fool with him!! Grrr!

#6 ·
I'm thinking about getting my mom two ADFs.... :) I would take care of them and everything, but she loves ADFs! I don't know... We'll see :D

I'm also not a fan of giving pets as gifts.... unless they take FULL care of them!!!

#7 ·
I thought about giving my husband a betta for Christmas (I'd really be the one caring for it) but the other day he made a joke about me planning to get him a fish just so I could have another. I was like... darn... he's onto me! :p

#10 ·
I don't think there's anyone in my family that would want a fish for christmas. Maybe my 14 year old brother would be into it, but I've already got him a gift, and he'd prolly be too lazy to ever clean it:roll:

#12 ·
Yeah same here. I live with my mom so even if I got her a betta, it would become mine since I'm the one who takes care of them. XD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.