Betta Fish Forum banner

Gift to Adabell

827 views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  bettalover2033 
#1 ·
I'm not sure what I'm going to name my new male Crowntail, but I have 5 wonderful names flowing around my mind waiting for the announcement. Since I can't decide which name to use I'm going to ask you which name you like the best. The name with the most likes will be the name of my first betta. Some people have asked me why I'm considering the name Isaiah since it doesn't have anything to do with his color, but I'm only going to say that the name Isaiah belongs to someone I have a huge crush on (He lives two houses away from me). I apologize for the bad quality, but I can only use my iPhone camera and it turns out blurry on my computer when I upload pictures. If the picture isn't good enough on this post you can look at my avatar.

- Isaiah
- Sunny
- Banana
- Mellow
- Pot O' Gold

See less See more
#7 ·
I love the name Banana! It's absolutely adorable! Just like he is. =)

#8 ·
Oh if your telling him... then tell him he's handsome :) hahaha
He keeps coming to me (his 10g tank is on my computer desk). I told him that he was handsome and that you said he was too and he puffed his lips at me. :lol:

I love the name Banana! It's absolutely adorable! Just like he is. =)
He loves hearing comments on himself. :-D

#12 ·
I woke up this morning and Isaiah made these little bubbles on the side of his aquarium that faces my bed. Does this mean that he's happy to be in his new home?

Isiah for sure.. I always name mine first names!

I'M SO FREAKING JELEOUS, I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR A YELLOW CT OR HM FOREVER! LUUUUCKYYY!
Really? This is the first time I've ever seen a yellow betta. I thought the color wasn't that common and I saw how he was active when I messed around with him so I bought him from Meijers. :-D

#13 ·
When bettas blow bubblenests this could mean some what of a couple things.

One could be because he is in view a female and is getting excited and wants to be (in lack of a better word) "worthy" to spawn with her. Another could be that he has a female in his tank and is ready to spawn.

And lastly he is comfortable in his new home:), Since you only have one betta and he is him, i would say he is comfortable.

-BL2033

#16 ·
I have an important question that probably won't have anything to do with the topic of the thread I've made, but I think it's silly to just make a thread over a simple question. How often should I clean a 10 gallon tank and what percentage should be cleaned? :-?

#19 ·
It really depends on how you stocked your tank up. If you just have a betta in there and a few plants then in a 10 gal. tank i would clean it once a month because of the filter and when i clean it out i would siphon about about 20% of the water because that isn't really a HUGE problem. I mean yeah bettas produce waste but not like a goldfish where you would have to do a lot more with IMO.

Though if there is more like a betta lets say 3 cories two platties and 4 guppies (average stocked tank) i would clean it 3 times a month and 25% water changes those three times with the siphon.

Would that guess of how you would have maybe stocked your tank be a little close or reasonable?

I wasnt really trying to get the species correct, but the possible amount.

#18 ·
Battle Creek is indeed where Isaiah and I live. When I saw Isaiah at the store I thought about how the worst owners purchase these animals and use them as a decoration instead of a friend. I wouldn't allow Isaiah to become a disposable item so I decided to purchase him out of sympathy. I wouldn't support a chain store such as Meijers in the animal section other than when I have sympathy because not all of the stores have employees dedicated to that section of the store. What shames these companies the most is that in some of their stores these animals are treated with much compassion, but in another one they are treated like a decoration and nothing more. Why is the treatment of animals so much different in the stores that belong to the same company?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.