Betta Fish Forum banner

Bettas with other bettas

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  ChoclateBetta 
#1 ·
Hi everyone iam new here and looking for some advice

ive got a 70L tank well established planted tank with some neons.. highly active male guppies and some corys.. ive had my female half moon betta for about 6 months now and she is doing well.. today tho ive bought 2 new crown tail bettas.. i put the bag in the tank as you do for half hour and noticed my original female flaring up at one of the females in the bag.. the one with similar colours to her.. so ive got a breeding net and put my original female in the net to separate them while i'll released the new ones so it wasn't too much stress for them and they settled in well..
I rearranged some plants and let the original female out the net.. she went straight to the darker one and flared up and intimated her everywhere.. she wasn't interested in the red female.. at one point the red one got in between the two as to say to her hey she's my mate back off and she did all for 10secs... so back in the breeding net she goes :-( she is a big female and iam wondering if she is actually a she at all and maybe a he?? she was sold as a female in a tank with others that looked like her sisters and didn't seem agressive with them.. has she been a loner for too long?? waaa

ive uploaded some pics of them.. the first one is my original female with some guppies so you can see "her" size the other two are my new 2

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Fist it would be better if you had 4-5 Bettas. You should rearange the tank before putting them in. You sould keep them in a net box for a day each. I see you keep endlers too. I keep a cobra endler hybrid in my guppy colony with some cories.

#3 ·
Yeah i did rearrange the tank but she didnt care she had eyes for the darker one and thats all see cared about :-(

i have another endler too except he is so small had him a while now and he has not grown lol still keeps up with the others tho, he is cute lol

Cool have you a pic of your cobra endler hybrid not seen one before.

#4 ·
The other two look really small, but the blue one is a decent amount smaller than the other new one, maybe thats why shes after her. Other than that you should never keep less than 5 females together for the fact that they are so agressive they need multiple females to spread that aggressivness out so that could be another reason. I say either add a couple more females and see how it goes, or seperate them all until the newest two grow a little.

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.