Betta Fish Forum banner

Yello HM

4K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  norico 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am planning buy Yellow HM, but it's just weak color. It like white/yellow HM.
So, if I feed Spirulina, he become Yellow HM ?
He also has cellophane his edge of fin. Is it same or become Yellow ?

Do you know how become ehance color ?

#8 ·
Yes, Yellow betta have been very difficult to breed, importing them has been a nightmare, very few red or yellow fish survive the shipment let alone have the strength to breed. Black fish are my strong suit, I have every variation I can think of and they do great importing.

#9 ·
Well, you'd only have to import to Florida lol! I'd love to see pics of the different blacks that you have. I'm not looking to get into breeding, just collecting for my own enjoyment. Oh, and I want a yellow like the one in your pic! I know, I don't want much! Lol!

#14 ·
Spirulin has color enhancer astaxin [sp] in it so tends to make red and orange look better. With the yellow.. if form is good then start there and breed for better color. Might try a cross to orange or a cambodian based red to get brighter color. It has been a while since I read how you get the yellows. Will see if I can dig up some more info for you.

#15 ·
I see. Thank you for tell me about Spirulin.
I didn't find nice Yello now...
Yellow cross to orange or a cambodian based red ???
It isn't not Yellow × Yellow ?
You are so kind, I am looking forward to you again.

Thank you so much !

#16 ·
If you don't have good color then you need to improve it. Crossing two pale yellows will not bring in the additional color you need to make it deep and rich. I think you get that from orange. Trying to remember.. think you can get both yellow and oranges in same spawn.. and you improve the yellow coloring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.