Betta Fish Forum banner

Windex?

872 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  MsGita 
#1 ·
I know that I CANNOT put Windex into the tank. That would be bad. However, I was wondering if I could like spray a little on a papertowel to wipe down the outside of the tank. Opinions?

#2 ·
I occasionally do this when I want to get a photo of my tanks and the glass is streaky. I just don't wipe it anywhere near where it might come into contact with the water such as the lip of the tank.

Never had any issues with it, and as long as you spray it away from your tank and don't stick your hands in until you've washed them off it should be fine.

#3 ·
I use windex after tank cleanings once a week, just spray it away from the lip and youre good to go :)

#8 ·
There are a lot of cleaners--natural and otherwise--on the market, and I can't see why you can't use a little on the outside of the tank as long as you stay away from any places where the water could contact. I use Method brand surface cleaner on mine when it gets too streaky on a paper towel. :)

#9 ·
I've been using vinegar to clean both the insides and outsides of bowls and tanks for years, and I've never had any problems with it yet (although if you do use it on the inside I still recommend rinsing it out real well with plain old water). Its a mild disinfectant, and gets rid of water spots to boot.

PS: Was I the only one who saw this thread's title and thought of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.