Betta Fish Forum banner

Female betta in community tank?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  xxabc 
#1 ·
As I look at all these bettas I can't help but think the females are so cute! I heard they're quite peaceful in communities. I've owned 3 females before but had to return 2 because they were so aggressive.. But I never tried one in a community tank.

I have a 10 Gallon with female guppies, and a couple male platies. Oh and a dojo loach which is going to my science teacher's 60 gallon gold fish tank eventually. Will my female betta be good in here or should I lay off? I know it's pretty much stocked to the brim already... which is why I'm iffy. And I don't want this new female to go killing all my lovely fish D:

#4 ·
Haha thanks guys! But... on second thought I think I'll hold off on the female betta because I just snuck in a male betta and that took a LOT of effort @.@" Phew I hope my mom's not getting suspicious..

#6 ·
I'm more than happy with my male betta atm :] I'll wait a bit till I get that female (hehe)

My mom knows that all I have in the 10G are "boring" platies, guppies, and a dojo loach so she'll notice the betta. But I'm pretty sure I'll be able to convince her next time we drop by Petco! They have the cutest females! So small!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.