Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2016, 04:13 PM   #12831 
BettaNard

I have put them back this morning, it was just to test out my bettas personality. Usually the rummy noses we have tend to lose colour at night when lights are out, when morning comes they're noses are bright red again!
BettaNard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:49 PM   #12832 
Alyssanne

Here is mine!
I plan to eventually pick out all the black gravel I foolishly added in and replace it with more of the Nautical Star colored ones (white/blue/navy/teal mixture). This will also tone down the lavender a bit. I might go today and pick up another of the large size plants shown here and a lavender petco flower ball for him. You might not be able to see it, but he has a leaf hammock and isn't fond of it. He's been with me a week and a half and doing great! Already hopping up a bit to eat from my finger and coming up to the front to show off whenever he sees me. I love him! Still not 100% on a name, but Apollo has stuck with me thus far. Open to suggestions!

Also, I really need a black background...
Attached Images

Alyssanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:38 PM   #12833 
stellenternet

I love that gravel Alyssanne!
stellenternet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:18 AM   #12834 
Aquastar

That's really stunning fake gravel... Can you get it at PetSmart or something?
Aquastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:33 AM   #12835 
toobizy

Three 2.5g betta tanks

Name:  IMG_8728.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  18.8 KB
toobizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:30 PM   #12836 
Aqua Aurora

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobizy View Post
What LED is that? Its likely to be rather strong lighting for such shallow tanks, you may get hair algae. I'd recommend getting floating plants as bettas don't like such bright light, they need some shade as they cannot squint or put on sunglasses like us. Floating plants will also reduce light getting down into the tank to reduce hair algae issues.
Some floating plants:
riccia
duckweed
salvinia minima
fogbit
anacharis (floating stem)
Aqua Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:15 PM   #12837 
toobizy

Thanks for the comment.
The regular light for these tanks is in the housing that you can see and its a single fluorescent tube.
I only added the extra LED strip at the back to take this photo.
Getting the lighting right on Betta fish isn't easy. And their colours really shine through when they are well lit.
I do like your idea of Betta fish sunglasses. Now if only they had ears to hook them onto to............... Maybe that's why we have Dumbo Bettas!
toobizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:10 AM   #12838 
Ladyraistlin18

Here is my set up for my betta Perseus! I had to do a lot of extra plants in the background since he was flaring at his reflection in the black plastic back, but I like how it turned out!
Attached Images

Ladyraistlin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:56 PM   #12839 
Niece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyraistlin18 View Post
Here is my set up for my betta Perseus! I had to do a lot of extra plants in the background since he was flaring at his reflection in the black plastic back, but I like how it turned out!

That's awesome! I love the mermaid. Do you have live plants in there also? Because the green in the back looks real.
Niece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:21 AM   #12840 
Ladyraistlin18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niece View Post
That's awesome! I love the mermaid. Do you have live plants in there also? Because the green in the back looks real.
Thank you! Unfortunately I only have one live plant at the moment and it is an Anubius floating at the top. I've never done live plants before so I'm starting slowly All the rest are silk and plastic (soon to be only silk!)
Ladyraistlin18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, feelin'likeavandal, fine. kyle15 was here, foronebetta, glory werz here!:b, i like food, icryontheinside, ihavea60litretank, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank