Betta Fish Forum banner

Memorial Day girlies

1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
Petsmart had all Bettas 50% off today so I went to have a look, mostly looking for another orange dalmatian. There wasn't much of a selection, mostly blue VTs. I did see two males I liked but I resisted temptation (yay me!). However, I decided to get two girlies to put with the rest of my girls and set up a sorority. They're both VT and of course since they're from a pet store I won't be breeding them. This brings my total up to 6 girls for the sorority which is a number I'm liking much better than 4.

**Again.. sorry for the giant pics.. I don't know what's up with photobucket:-?**

Up first is Aurora. She's a grizzle with different reds, blues, and greens and reminds me of the aurora borealis (hence the name).

Next is little no-name. She's a pastel with a little bit of a butterfly pattern. I'm curious to see what happens once she colors up a bit.

See less See more
#2 ·
The second one looks like a spade tail ( lucky!) and i LOVE the colors on both of them! ( me: gimme gimme!!!!!)

#3 ·
LOL.. no she's just a VT. Female VT have tails that slope into a point like that.

Oh.. forgot to add... In case anyone is wondering.. they are in a half gallon divided betta keeper. Its just for tonight and I'll move them to bigger tanks tomorrow. I want to keep them close to each other so they can constantly see the other for when I put them in the tank together.

#6 ·
Thanks :-D I think they're extra cute. I can't wait to get my sorority set up.. its going to be another month or so though.. unless I decide to put 4 of them together while the other two are being spawned.

#7 ·
OMG.. Big Red is in LOVE with Aurora. Its soo cute. I put the little lee's keeper next to Red's tank and all the sudden he's like

He's showing off and saying.." look at my pretty fins.. they grew back".. I don't have the heart to tell him he's going to a new home tomorrow and will have to leave his girlfriend.

#8 ·
They're both beautiful, but I love the colouring on no-name!

#11 ·
I know.. poor guy. Maybe Zenandra can find a girl friend for him to look at once she gets him. :)

I'm still thinking of a name for no name. I have a whole list of names but none of them suit her. Guess I'll have to go googling :p

#19 ·
I love their colors. Beautiful girls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.