Betta Fish Forum banner

Double Tailed Veiltail?

587 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  JKfish 
#1 ·
I can't figure out what he is, but he is very pretty. :) If he is a standard veiltail and his tail just was ripped or he had a bad case of fin rot before I bought him, I would like to know. Any suggestions are appreciated. ^^

#2 ·
nope, he's just got a rip in his tail. DBTs are characterized by distinct lobes, larger dorsals, and typically shorter bodies. :)

Just keep his water really clean and keep up with water changes. Feed him well, and eventually you'll start to see clear fin re-growth.

#3 ·
Ah, thanks. Is that what the white stuff at the end of his tail is? I thought it was fin rot at first and posted a thread in another section, but it hasn't gotten any better with frequent water changes. The lady at the pet store said she needed to know what type of betta he was before she could specify what type of medication he needed. Sounds suspicious - kind of like she had no idea what to say. But I figured it would be a good idea to know what he is anyways.

Thanks!!

#4 ·
Lol, the types have nothing to do with it, unless she means the different types of wild bettas. Keep an eye on the edges, that's probably what it is, but if you notice the tail area around there slowly erroding, it's probably a secondary infection. You can treat that just like finrot, clean warm water and a bit of aquarium salt if absolutely necessary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.