Betta Fish Forum banner

Shop of dead bettas

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  ScentedLove 
#1 ·
today i went to look for my first betta all so happy and excited i went into a shop full of bettas but they were mostly dead half of em had fin rot and atleast 20 have sbd and you won't even guess the stores name "Pets' PARADISE!!!!"

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
UGH i hate people who don't take care of that stuff. it makes me angry to think that they can just open a store to make profit while the lives of many fishes struggle to survive to the next day. it's already bad enough that some customers come in and harass the fishes in the first place, at least the owner/employees should make up for it. i know b/c i've worked at a pet store. ugh

#7 ·
That's disgusting! I would've told them off. The fact that the other fish were well cared for just exemplifies the point that people view bettas as just disposable pets...they probably didn't even notice that anything was wrong and just thought that they were supposed to look like that :mad:

#9 ·
Is the store a franchise or is it independent? If it was a franchise I'd say write the head of the company about it.

#11 ·
Took my son to SanDiego this last weekend and took him to an outdoor mall where a parrot rescuer takes donations. He brings a bunch of his friendliest birds and lets people hold them and take pictures with them. My Boo was thrilled and not afraid at all- even of the big cockatoo. But a lot of the birds had signs of neglect from their previous owners- bald patches from the stress. It was so sad. Prob is people buy them without knowing how much work it is to keep them- and they live like 60 years. So sad. So this guy rescues unwanted parrots of all kinds- he has more than 25. He rehomes them when he can so he can get more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.