Betta Fish Forum banner

My 8 other pets (and pics!)

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Olympia 
#1 ·
Guinea pigs (Butterscotch, Gizmo, and Moo)

American Toads (not yet sexed or named)

Robo Dwarf Hamsters (TicTac and Hackeysack)

Leopard Gecko (juvenile female, still haven't decided on a name yet)

See less See more
#3 ·
Where'd you get those toads!
I caught one in the wild and it pooped on me. xD
Posted via Mobile Device
There were hundreds of them on a busy trail that I often hike. I decided to save a couple of them from all the people stepping on them. They ate fruit flies for a few months, and now they have moved up to small crickets.

Here's what they looked like when I found them:

#5 ·
Awwww! I used to keep American Toads....my cousin's backyard has the perfect habitat for them....babies would pop up everywhere you stepped. In the very back there was a clay soil, hilly area with old log remains (my uncle is a carpenter/wood turner) and if you lift a log, you'll surely find a toad.
I caught one that was around 1 1/2 inches long, and I named her Annabelle. I loved her so much....haha. I made little agility courses for her on my bedroom floor, carried her around the house, and made a special little home for her in a nice big kritter keeper. But after a week of having her I couldn't find bugs small enough outside or at pet stores (she wouldn't eat fruit flies either) so I let her go in my compost pile where there are tons of flies xD
I haven't seen her since....I mean, carrying her around the whole time wasn't too good for her, but she never peed on me....
After that I stuck with frogs that I found in the window wells around my house. Every day I would leave them in the compost pile for a few minutes so they could catch flies, and they really did. I actually turned one of the more moist window wells into a habitat. At one point I had 7 frogs :)
Good luck to you and all of your babies :)

#8 ·
Makes sense. I used to have wild frogs as pets, 4 of em. Some lady told my dad they would die if I didn't release them to hibernate so he forced me to release them. :(
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.