Betta Fish Forum banner

Missing scales???

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  JaspersANGEL 
#1 ·
My fish Takumi is having some problems, and i have no idea what is wrong! I noticed today when i cleaned his tank that he had a spot on his head. I thought maybe it was just food but i looked closer and i think it's a missing scale!!! What in the world does this mean???!!! Also i think he is biting his tail. No idea where his stress is coming from, for three months he has been happy as a clam. Same spot, same tank, same temperature.

Thanks for any help you can offer... i am really worried

#3 ·
He probably scratched it against something, or rammed against the glass of the tank. Either something freaked him out momentarily and he rammed into it, pulled a stupid and just ran into it (lol, its possible), or has some kind of parasite causing him to scratch around.

The tailbiting is possible that he's either stressed, OR bored. If they are bored, they also do bite. Where is he? High-traffic or low-traffic area ? And also, the parameters of the tank, temperature, size, filter, heater, etc.

#5 ·
I noticed that my Jet chomps on his tail when I miss a day of food, like he's getting back at me for missing his feeding time.
Do u feed him on time every day?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.