Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange coloring...

3K views 73 replies 13 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
A few days ago (I think it was on monday) I was checking on my fish. When I looked at King Dedede, I saw his lower body (not including tail and fins) has turned gray. I also noticed he was tipping, slightly, as if he couldn't swim well. I decided to see what would happen a few days later. (yesterday)

Yesterday, I found that King Dedede's body had turned slightly orange where parts of the gray was, and also a bit of purple. Also, I found him leaning against my rock decor, looking pretty weak.

Today, he still has the orange and purple, but I can't see any gray. Does anyone know what is going on?? :-?

#2 ·
Please check out this link and copy and paste and try and answer as many questions as possible on this thread!!

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233

Also a picture would really help so we can see what you are talking about!

#4 ·
If he's the same blue as Buddha is (which I believe it was), then you might want to check the mystery disease thread.

Buddha developed a case of fungus and swim bladder issues before turning grey.
I knew he had the mystery disease so I euthanized him that night.

As seen here

But pictures will help.

#5 ·
Housing
What size is your tank? 5g
What temperature is your tank? 82F
Does your tank have a filter? yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? nope
Is your tank heated? yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? otos, danios, tetras, and Rose (female betta)

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? pellets and flakes
How often do you feed your betta fish? 2 times a day

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? 2 times a week
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? %50 or %100
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? water conditioner

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia: N/A
Nitrite: N/A
Nitrate:N/A
pH:N/A
Hardness: N/A
Alkalinity: N/A

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? gray and orange and purple colors have appeard on his body
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? lethargic and leaning against stuff/almost lying down sometimes
When did you start noticing the symptoms? a few days ago (I think saturday or sunday...?)
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how?
Does your fish have any history of being ill? yes, fin rot once
How old is your fish (approximately)? N/A

#6 ·
Umm I don't know about the colors and such, but that tank is way too overstocked.
I have 2 otos and 2 bettas and that's pushing it. :/

And I hope the two bettas are divided.

Does the coloring look like what i posted?

#8 ·
I'm sure you can get pics, even if they're somewhat blurry. It might take you 15 minutes, but it's your fish's life that needs help. So just try and get a few and you might get one good oone.

Also separate him and put him in a cup iif anything.

#11 ·
I'm sure you can get pics, even if they're somewhat blurry. It might take you 15 minutes, but it's your fish's life that needs help. So just try and get a few and you might get one good one.

Also separate him and put him in a cup iif anything.
Alright. it's hard and the picture won't display how I see it in real life

#13 ·
Hmmmm once again, I don't know how your fish changes colors so often.. No even my marble did that!

I do know that any pink or red is usually thanks to ammonia burns...

And LL, even so, we sill need a pic :/
To be honest, even if there's no pink or orange or purple (just listing colors, don't recall the ones you said), we still need to know what it looks like.

#19 ·
I just got a picture. Also, King Dedede isn't a marble, Rose is, she's starting to turn blue like King Dedede. and the picture is the side that isn't with the orange and purple. I'm working on taking it right now

#16 ·
Little leaf, I'm sure you know better than that :/

And you know that we've told you that if you can't properly care for them, don't get them. IF you can't keep them apart, then you shouldn't have the girl.

As MAtts said, even though it's not the cause, it might be contributing to it.

But for now, jut focus on getting the picture please.

#17 ·
Guys, unfortunately the housing condition is beyond Little Leaf's control. Her father is the one who bought all those danios and Rose and he won't let her separate them. She's tried and he always puts them back together again because he says "Rose will get lonely."

So, yeah, the housing is bad but Little Leaf knows.

#21 ·
Picture

Ok, here is the picture without the orangy purply side. I'm trying to get the orangy purply side.

Oh. I forgot to add guppies to the list of tankmates! Sorry.

#26 ·
it could be that that's what the grey color was. Late at night to early morning is when I normally see it. It's usually when the fish is tired c:

But now, onto the other side of said fish

#29 ·
I was wondernig that about Rose, but I didn't want to say anything :p

And agreed, he does look healthy, especially considering there is another male in there.

#38 ·
that's what I was thinking. When Buddha had it, it was onboth sides on his tail, and all the pics on the thread are the same.

Also, I just posted on that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.