Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange coloring...

3K views 73 replies 13 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
A few days ago (I think it was on monday) I was checking on my fish. When I looked at King Dedede, I saw his lower body (not including tail and fins) has turned gray. I also noticed he was tipping, slightly, as if he couldn't swim well. I decided to see what would happen a few days later. (yesterday)

Yesterday, I found that King Dedede's body had turned slightly orange where parts of the gray was, and also a bit of purple. Also, I found him leaning against my rock decor, looking pretty weak.

Today, he still has the orange and purple, but I can't see any gray. Does anyone know what is going on?? :-?

#45 ·
Umm... Judge actually sent me a gift card for petsmart. and... I checked the balance today at petsmart, they said it contained:

$0.00

#49 · (Edited)
Yea, did you tell Judge?
Because I'm pretty sure that what I know of Judge, they would've made sure there was money on it.

Plus, I saw on their page that they said "you're so nice to give LL a 10 gallon tank"

So do you have a tank from them?

EDIT: Also, I'm sure you've had plenty of time to get a picture of his bad side. It took you a few minutes to get one picture, I'm sure he won't take you days to get the other side c:

#51 ·
Update: What I circled in the picture is now happening to King Dedede. the white-ish stuff seems to be forming... I don't know what it is, I just called it white-ish stuff.

Attachments

#52 ·
Well, where is the white part forming?

And what Buddha has in that pic is grey. Which is the mystery disease, which is why I euthanized him that night the pic was taken.

We need pictures to really help determine, because from what you're saying, he has the mystery disease and he needs to be euthanized or QT'ed immediately with aggressive treatment.

Can you PLEASE provide pictures?
Or a video?

You have been able to do it often before, so it'd really appreciated if you can do it now.

#53 ·
The white is... on his dorsal fin. Also, I keep trying to get pictures and videos but my fish keeps running away whenever he sees me or a camera... also, his body is becoming a bit blackish, the gray turned to black.

#54 ·
If you tape a mirror or something reflective to the side of the tank you will be able to get him to hold still for a moment with luck. It doesnt have to be a hundred percent perfect, just good enough to see the difference between a good fin and a bad one

#55 ·
None of this makes sense I would move on people and also the one picture that was posted of the King did look fine. LL I think your just worrying to much again, so get a few pictures of this weird color change so people can help you or just go to bed and check on your Bettas in the morning.

#58 ·
Picture!

Ok, I got a picture. But I don't really think it looks like myco... Also, the red circled is a bit of black color change behind the light, you need to look closely.

Attachments

#64 ·
Yeah. I've a white n blue male, but when the light hits him right, he shine blue-violet.
And my red boy Raph has iridescence too. Kind of pale blue-violet, kinda golden. Looks like he has Ich (I think that's the one with the shining stuff) half the time, but the flecks of it like that are only on his tail, and been there since I got him.
You need to try to make your dad understand that it's AMAZING those two boys haven't killed each other yet. Because, really, Rose looks like a boy, probably hung around with his sisters when he was little, and the idiot pet store people thought he was a girl because he was still small and female-looking. xD
I mean, if you can, get him to research bettas. Seriously.

#65 ·
Yea.

Let your dad know that it's very possible that one morning you're going to wake up to either of the fish dead.
Just because they play nice now doesn't mean they always will.

#66 ·
Be sure and tell your dad that Betta do have teeth and thats how they can take chucks out of each other and kill . Maybe he never thought of of it like that before . You just never know when they will start to fight, my guy who lives alone goes wild when he sees the blue lid on his jar of food...lol

#67 ·
Raph used to kill everything. Even managed a pair of pond snails. xD
Took him a week for the first one, and the second snuck on his side, and well. Yeah. End of the snails. XD
They are extremely aggressive, and males will also kill females (and vice-versa). Sororities can even turn bad after weeks of calm-ness. But that's rarer.
Ask him, would he rather dead fish, or happy fish?

#68 · (Edited)
Umm... My dad said he hates bettas, but I'll get him to research (even if it was his idea to buy Rose...)

EDIT: Before I rehomed Equinox, I saw his teeth when he jumped for something, he always opened his mouth when he jumped

#69 ·
If he hates them then why did he buy Rose?

And well if he does hate them, they he shouldn't be mad if you take him out of the tank

#71 ·
If I were you, I'd take Rose out ASAP.
If he asks why, tell him because you don't want your fish to die.

It's your pet, your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.