Betta Fish Forum banner

what kind of food do you use?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  TheJadeBetta 
#1 · (Edited)
I was just wondering what kind of food everyone uses.I feed my betta pellets. Is that okay? I know some people disagree.

#5 ·
I feed Topfin, Topfin Color Enhancing, Aqua Culture, and Wardley's pellets. I mix my pellets with garlic and keep them in the fridge until the garlic dries out really good. I feed pellets probably 5-6 meals a week. I also feed frozen blood worms, brine shrimp, and glass worms, probably another 5-6 meals a week. I only feed freeze dried once or twice a week if at all.

#6 ·
Frozen brine shrimp, Frozen blood worm's, Frozen pea's once every 2 or 3 month's to help clean them out so they dont get backed up. And then i go 48 hour's without feeding so they can get cleaned out the pea help's clean them out and the 48 hour's give's them time to get everything out. I learned that from a thai breeder and it work's very well. Even if you dont feed them a frozen pea and you just go 48 hour's without feeding it still helps them a lot.

#7 ·
I used Wardley's for a long time. But I went to Hikari Bio-Gold. Now I am trying New Life Spectrum Betta Formula. I also feed a variety of Frozen foods to them, including Brine Shrimp, Daphnia, and Bloodworms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.