Betta Fish Forum banner

Tank light

707 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  sbgrn 
#1 ·
How many hours a day do you leave your tank light on?

#2 ·
In the Summer I keep the light on from 11am to 12am on average, and 7am to 9pm in the Fall/Winter. So roughly 13 hours year round I guess.

#4 ·
I have mine on about 8-10 hours a day in the colder months and probably about 6 hours or so in the afternoon/evening in warm weather months.We also have a little desk lamp going in the corner of the room (after their tank lights are off) at night,just to have a soft light in the room before turning everything out for the night.

#5 ·
My tanks are in the bedroom, so they are turned on when everyone is up (my hubby and I share the room with our son), and turned off when the first person goes to bed, unless my son is having a sleep over at someone else's house, then they get turned off around 9 if I'm home, or 10pm if I'm working because that's when I get home.

#6 ·
Thanks, that's about what I'm doing, turning it on during the cool hours and turning it off during the warm hours of the day. Usually have had a desk lamp or something similar, this tank light is new and I just don't want to fry the poor guy! Just kidding, he's not that warm. But thanks for your answers and guidance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.