Betta Fish Forum banner

optimus prime is not eating

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
my boy is not eating...and hasnt for the last 2-3 days, ive never had this problem and all my other fish are still eating, and ive always fed them the same thing. he was kinda listless for about week hanging out at the bottom alot and not swiming much now hes swiming more towards the top just not eating...any reason to be worried and any ideas what may be wrong? im going to do a 50% water change right now.

#3 ·
OH MY GOD i just almost had a heart attack he jump out of his holding cup almost right down the drain!!!!

#5 ·
no temps good i noticed hes got some redish brown at the center of his lower fin and hes always been solid bright blue

#8 ·
and what about the redish brown

#6 ·
yea hes okay now thank god just a little shaken up i got him scooped up fast and good think ijust finished filling his tank so i put him directly in it

#10 ·
okay hes right next to an all red one so i was thinking maybe he was just taking on hes color its been there for abouta month now

#11 ·
If he is listless and hanging out mostly at the bottom and then suddenly stays at the top I would start watching closely for the Ick. That is what my betta's have done everytime. Ick though from all the research I can find is temperature sensitive and can't thrive in 80+. If he starts getting white spots treat him for Ick.

It always worries me when they just don't act normal. But I'm a super anxiety ridden worrier anyway.

Best of luck. Hope all is well with Optimus Prime soon

#12 ·
thanks sooo much i will keep watch for ich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.