Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #31 
Laki

He's beautiful :)

Have you noticed anything weird about his behaviour?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #32 
romance00

thank you!! and no, i havent noticed any change in behavior...he LOVES his silk plants and hangs out in the gravel all the time.

is this coloring omething that shouldn't be happening??
romance00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #33 
Laki

No I just have never seen a royal blue betta turn lighter like that! He looks incredible though!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #34 
romance00

oh ok good - that made me nervous for a second!!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #35 
ArrowheadShark

Yup, I'm alive! I sort of vanished off the face of the internet for several weeks since I've been nbusy doing other things xD' School was ending, and on top of that I had to pack up my dorm room and then unpack and re-pack for my summer stay at my friend's place with horses over the summer. the fun part? That happened in two days. @.@ Woooooooooo was that interesting. And despite the quick packing, I only forgot a couple things that are only slightly annoying to have absent, and Mama will try to get them to me when she drives up this way >.< *headdesk*

Ooooohhh, Fishy looks so pretty! I love the white, it is so striking against the blue. I get what you mean about wishing he'd stay the same color, but it is still kinda neat to watch them change. Shark himself has gotten this pretty translucent edging to the ends of all his fins, and they themselves have colored up to a pretty iridescent shimmery light lavender/violet/something. His body is greenish or blueish depending on which angle you catch him at. Generally blue from above the water surface and green everywhere else. He's definitely loving the little heater I just got him, though I'm a little anxious about it - it's not the one I wanted to get that was recommended to me, but it's colder up at Linda's and I needed to get him one. It's a tetra pre-set one at 78 degrees, and so far it's doing a good job of keeping the whole cage at a constant temperature - I also picked up a floating glass thermometer.

The part i'm worried about is the reviews I read online after I got it ;_;'' about a third of the people who wrote reviews had bad things to say about it stopping working after a not-so-very-long time @_@ Well, I kept the receipt and packaging, so we'll see how it goes. next on the list: Silk/live plants!

By the way, I'm jealous of Fishy's plants XD I'm having a hard time finding silk ones for Shark, and your's look real 0w0

...I can't get over his lawn chair. just... yes. XD
ArrowheadShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #36 
romance00

right?! the chair is so freakin cute!! i got the plants AND the lawn chair at petco...super cheap and they're so great.

fishy's coloring continues to change every day, with a little more white on his body. i'm getting used to it, and have to admit - it's neat watching him change like that and change SO quickly!

so glad you're ok...especially after what had to have been a really busy/stressful 2 days! hope you're comfy and relaxed now :)
Old 06-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #37 
Fabi

Hey! welcome to the forum.
Fabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #38 
ArrowheadShark

Oooh yeah, I'm good xD Did hay making for the first time, and it payed for buying Shark some things I've had on my to-get list for a while! I still need a Gravel vac and I'd like some more plants, but for now he's good @w@

How is Fishy doing~? haven't seen an update in a while. Has he changed much since the last picture?
Old 06-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #39 
romance00

oh my GOSH has he changed!! his tail is COMPLETELY different now, and he's got a big white spot on his back...it's crazy! he actually looks really pretty...ill post a picture when i can get a good one :)
Old 06-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #40 
ArrowheadShark

Awesome!! I cannot wait to see >w<