Betta Fish Forum banner

Better pics of Splash

824 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Sena Hansler 
#1 ·
Today I cleaned Splash's tank and while I had him in his little cup waiting I decided I would take advantage and get some better pics of him close up. Here they are...I didn't notice until now but his head is a turquoise color and then his body goes into blue. Enjoy!

#3 ·
He's cute!

#4 ·
He does. He was letting me take pics and was bein a champ about it. He was kinda mad at me though when he got back in his tank because cleaning his tank also destroyed his bubble nest. He went lookin for it.

#5 ·
is he a pet store fish? he's got some very nicely even rays for a non-breeder buy. is he a 4 ray/double-double ray or am i just seeing things?

#6 ·
He is a 4 ray/double.

#8 ·
I learned something new just now. What is a 4 ray? I got him a petsmart. He looked so gorgeous and he liked me and my son so we picked him.

#9 ·
See how his rays split off into two? Then on those two rays there are two more? I have yet to find one like that :)

#10 ·
usually you have to go to a dedicated CT breeder to find a 4-ray with spacing that perfect. i'm surprised he was in a pet store cup.

#11 ·
He really was. When Nemo died we went to Petsmart to find another betta and we looked at a few but we kept coming back to him. So we decided he must be the one. It is nice to learn something new and hear positive feedback...but I would love him even if he wasn't perfect.

#12 ·
I know! :eek: I have ones like this... Which, OP, you can see the difference between the rays on mine, and on yours :) I also have a betta who has less rays than this lady, and only a delta spread.

I wish I could actually get a line started with such a betta, except those are next to impossible to find (canada)

also excuse the fact she is in a large pop bottle xD I was arranging her temporary quarantine

#13 ·
This is why I love this place. I am learning so much about my betta fish. Stuff I didn't know when I had Nemo. I can see the difference clearly now...your fish is beautiful though.

#14 ·
Thanks ^_^ She's Peaches, my spunky little Cambodian girl. I've got a female (no picture allowed until christmas) for BeautifulBetta who has better fins than mine, but still not the 4 ray :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.