Betta Fish Forum banner

So I Finally Decided... To Get A Betta!

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  sareena79 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

some of you might already know that I just started a new tank. I fishless cycled for about 3 weeks, but wasn't entirely sure what fish I was going to get. Until I went to Thailand and saw so many nice bettas there!

Anyway, I went with my housemate to select fish, and while we were at the store I saw a betta there that I just had to have...

The store has a pretty good rep and the three bettas they had were in tanks that were about 10G (no cups in sight!) :cool:

So anyway, there was a red one, a black one that wasn't very active and then this little guy who came up to the glass to look at me. In the store he was kind of a grey-blue but since being in his new home for about 3 days his colour changed, and he's purple-red!! :)

As for names I am currently decided between 'Helios'- short for Heliotrope, a blue/purple flower, or Perry- short for periwinkle, also a plant with purple flowers.

So far he seems quite active, he does laps of the tank and 'patrols' the bridge and hollow log. Other times he seemst o be looking for food in the bottom of the tank. He only eats a little when I feed him directly. I'm not sure if this is just settling in, or if he was like this in the store too. Hope he's not hungry! But I don't want to overfeed him, either!

Tankmates are four congo tetra whom he seems to be getting along with, no signs of tail nipping (that I can see) I have some pics on my profile, go see :)

If you have any other name suggestions, let me know...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.