Betta Fish Forum banner

What kind of lightbulbs am I looking for?

552 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  LouiMon 
#1 ·
I started my tank with white gravel, going for a bright clean look, but the light bulbs that came with my tank give off a very yellow light and it makes it look really dingy.

I want just a plain white light.

What am I looking for? I also plan to put some plants in there, so this would be a good chance to get something good for that.

#4 · (Edited)
#8 ·
You can also get pretty much the exact same effect with lights from stores like Walmart, Target, or any other home improvement store for way less money than at a pet store... All you need to do is look for the rating in Kelven and make sure it's around 6500K.

I personally use these and they work great - 13 Watt Micro Mini T2 6500K CFL 3 Pack at Menards
Posted via Mobile Device

#9 ·
You can also get pretty much the exact same effect with lights from stores like Walmart, Target, or any other home improvement store for way less money than at a pet store... All you need to do is look for the rating in Kelven and make sure it's around 6500K.

I personally use these and they work great - 13 Watt Micro Mini T2 6500K CFL 3 Pack at Menards
Posted via Mobile Device

Does anyone have a second opinion on this?

The store was sold out, but the prices were all really expensive.

I purchased another tank while I was there so now I need four bulbs and I reaaaaally don't feel like spending $40-$60 on light bulbs :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.