Betta Fish Forum banner

Hellooooo

994 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  indjo 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm rezicca from Oregon.

I just started university in this lovely state, as a computer science major/Japanese minor. Originally, I hail from Southern California, near LA. So, Oregon is a bit of a change.

I've been contemplating getting a betta for almost a month now, and when a friend had me babysit hers for the weekend, I knew I couldn't say no anymore. So, went down to a shop and picked up Mizuchi over there. As a Japanese minor who loves mythology (Dragons!) the name was a must. ;3 He's quite the sweet little guy, if a bit of a brat at times.

Right now, the poor thing's in a one gallon tank until I can get my parents to ship down our 3.5 gallon. Not the best, but I'm in a small room and just hoping to give the little dude the best life I can.

Also totally doing the new mom thing. I have a cat back home and I'm freaked out about how easy bettas are to kill.

Anyways, glad to meet all of you. ^^

#2 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

Your fish will be fine if you do frequent water changes, use a good water conditioner like Seachem Prime and keep him warm. He'll think he's in heaven with a 3.5 gallon tank.

Good luck!

#3 ·
Hi welcome to the forum! I reccomend having a heater in your tank and doing a 25-50% water change every 3 - 4 days welcome to the forum and it is an addicting hobby keeping fish I hope for the best for you and your little guy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.