Betta Fish Forum banner

!HELP! Something is wrong with my new betta!!!

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  turtle10 
#1 ·
Yesterday i got a new yellow veiltail betta, but i think something is wrong. All he does is sit at the bottum of his tank with his head resting on the bottom of the tank with the rest of him floating up.
It looks sort of like he has a heavy face. I know that he is alive (though he may look dead in the pic) because he is still breathing just fine, and he will go up to get air, but then he just floats back down with his face in the rocks.Is this normal new betta behaior or is something wrong with the little guy? Please help!

See less See more
#4 ·
betta needs about 2 gal tank, 78-86f and 3 pellets a day i feed mine. is that nurafin a water conditioner?

#5 ·
He should be in a much bigger tank, I suggest a 2 gal at least. Did you use anything to take the chlorine and chemicals out of the water? He also needs more than 1 pellet a day, maybe 3-5. I also suggest a water heater that keeps water 78 to 80 degres, as well as a filter. Good luck!

#6 ·
My sister's two bettas are in the same kind of tank, and water temp, and they've been fine. The nutrafin is a water conditioner, and I can't feed him any more since he won't eat (being picky). I would like to get him a tank heater, I just gave him another lamp, I would like to get him a bigger tank, but my mom said that tank is just fine, thanks for the help!

#8 ·
#7 ·
you NEED to find the threads and show them to your mom.
this site is full of hobbists and breeders and we all say MORE then 2 gallon, 76-86f temp and try him on two pellets in the morning then two at night to see if he will eat them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.