Betta Fish Forum banner

Two new bettas today!

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
I was doing my shopping at walmart today, of coarse I had to walk through the fish section. They had three bettas sitting in brown poop water. Two where worst than the other, and I just could not leave them there.
They where not exactly pretty, so I was afraid they would just sit there and die in that nasty water.
One of them I put in my 10gal Qt tank, the other is in a 1gal tank I picked up for $10.00. The one in the 1gal is a tiny white female. Hoping she will grow a little then I will try her out in one of my community tanks. For now she is fine or at least a lot better off. She is actualy acting alot more happy than the male in the 10gal.
Note to self, Don't walk through Walmarts fish dept! I don't need anymore fish!

#7 · (Edited)
5 females! Where did you put them all? Glad they did not have that many while I was there!
a 20 gallon tank I had that needed something in it, :)

Been seriously contemplating buying 6 more tanks I saw the other day, I think they were 10 gallons ea.

Going to Walmarts here in a little bit and I have a funny feeling I'll be bringing more Betta's home,,, My bloods been itching all night,

#12 ·
I guess thats the nice thing about females, don't need a seperate tank for each fish.
How many bettas do you have in total now?
I had to go back to Walmart today, because I could not find any of my fish nets. (the dog probably took off with them somewhere) They still had the one male betta left, but I left him there, just don't have room for him.
I removed the betta from the qt tank and made it up all nice for him with some plants. He seems to like his new tank better now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.