Betta Fish Forum banner

New Plakat boy! Marble Dragon or?

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  bettalover2033 
#1 ·
So.... :lol: I went to a LFS today and fell in love with a Plakat boy. They had a TON of Betta's, all kinds of types and colors, but he just stood out to me. I just so happened to have an empty 2.5 gallon with all the necessary supplies. Needless to say I bought him (only a few bucks!) and took him home.

He is clearly a Plakat, that much I know... but what is his coloration? I'm guessing either Marble or Koi. Also, is he a dragon?

See less See more
#12 ·
Thank you!

i wanna say marble dragon. i've seen those before. sure is beautiful, though!
Turns out he is not a Dragon, but he is a Marble. Thanks!

I love his clear beard! :D So cute
Cute indeed, I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. :lol:

i like how it looks like he has eyebrows in this one... giving angry eyes...
It's funny you mention that, because I swear he does give me angry eyes sometimes. He will look directly at me, get all big, and flare. He thinks he is all big and bad, LOL.

Omg I love him!!! Can I has?
Mine! :p

That is one very pretty fish! i am in love. :)
Thank you! He is very personable as well.

I love his grumpy face. He is a marble but not a dragon. Don't be suprised if he changes color on you.
It will be fun to see what he turns out to look like, since there seems to be a high chance he will change colors.

Very pretty! But he's not a dragon. To be a dragon he would have to be fully masked. He also doesn't have the thick powdery scaling.

Also on the "Koi" part.. that's just another made up name for marble ;-)
That makes sense, thanks for clearing that up!

GORGEOUS marble!
Thank you very much. :) Still trying to think of a good name.

#9 ·
I love his grumpy face. He is a marble but not a dragon. Don't be suprised if he changes color on you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.